common motorcycle accident injuries
spinal cord injury
The most common cause of Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) is trauma. 18 wheeler accidents, truck accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, boat accidents, plane accidents and/or trip and falls can lead to SCI.
Thousands of people suffer SCI every year which can lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering, both mental and physical. Complete SCI lead causes no function below the area of injury. With incomplete SCI there is some function remaining below the level of injury. Either type can lead to a lifetime of financial hardship. If you or loved one has suffered SCI, you need an experienced attorney to protect your rights.
Spinal Cord Injury Facts
Per the 2019 findings of the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC):
- In the United States alone, approximately 17,730 new SCI cases occur each year (not including those who die at the scene of a traumatic event).
- Most new spinal cord injuries affect men—men account for 78% of new cases.
- The average age at the time of injury is going up. In the 1970s, the average age at time of SCI was 29 years, but it’s now 43 years.
- Estimates show that 291,000 people are living with SCI in the United States today.
- Motorized Vehicle: 39.3% of cases
- Falls/slip and falls: 31.8% of cases
- Violent acts: 13.5% of cases
- Sports and recreation: 8.0% of cases
- Medical/surgical complications: 4.3%% of cases
Spinal Cord Injury Impact
A SCI many times destroys the victim’s idea of normal life. Many are unable to drive, work, care for themselves which causes extreme hardship for not only the victim but also the victim’s family because they may suffer from partial or full paralysis, being unable to control bowels or bladder, lose sexual function, are unable to control body temperature or blood pressure and more. Many victims become fully dependent on others for their care which is not only expensive but is emotionally draining for the victims and the victim’s family. Medical care alone can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Due to the serious nature of SCI and financial hardships, you need to hire an experienced Spinal Cord Injury attorney to protect your rights. Our Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys will leave no stone unturned in protecting your rights to recover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship. Many accidents are caused by speeding, failure to obey traffic lights, distracted driving such as texting and driver or drunk driving. We make it our business to hold these people and companies accountable
free case review
Schedule a consultation with our experienced TEXAS attorneys. The consultation is FREE and you won't pay a dime if we don't win.
Our attorneys live in Texas and ride in Texas. Don't be tricked by out-of-state firms that just refer your case.
David is a motorcyclist himself. He absolutely knows what it's like to share the road when you're on two wheels and all the other vehicles around, you are on four or more, and he understands that you have a right to the roadway.